Monday, October 17, 2011

A Dream to Deliverance ....




A Maschil .....

Ha'Shem Elohei Yeshuati, G*d of my deliverance,  what times I cry in the night before Thee ...
Let my Tefillah come before Thee,  Incline Thine ear unto my cry.
For my soul is sated with troubles,  and my life draweth nigh unto Sheol.
I am counted with them that go down into the pit, 
I am become as a girl that hath no help,
Forsaken among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom Thou rememberest no more,
And they are cut off from Thy care.

Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in dark places, in the deeps, in the depths,
Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and all Thy waves Thou pressest down hard,
Thou hast estranged mine acquaintances far from me,
Thou hast made me an abomination unto them, I am shut up, and I cannot escape or come forth,
Mine eye languisheth by reason of affliction, Ha'Shem, I have called daily upon Thee, 
I have stretched up my hands unto Thee.

Wilt Thou work wonders for the dead? ....  Shall the lifeless arise and praise Thee?
Shall Thy mercy be declared in the grave?  Or Thy emunah in the Place of Perdition?
Shall Thy wonders be known in the dark?  And Thy tzedakah in the Eretz Neshiyyah .... the land of forgetfulness?

But unto Thee have I cried, Ha'Shem .... and in the morning doth my tefillah come before Thee.
Ha'Shem, why castest Thou off my nefesh?  Why hidest Thou Thy face from me?
I am afflicted and at the point of death from my youth,  I suffer Thy terrors,  I am distraught!
Thy fierce wrath surrounded me, Thy terrors have cut me off.
They swirl about me like water all the day, like the Mayim, they close in, engulfing me.

Lover and companion hast Thou estranged from me, and mine acquaintances into darkness.

Where art Thou, Ha'Shem .... My G*d???


No comments:

Post a Comment